Disabling Users in 亿博电竞 AX is something every company should be familiar with, as they will have to manage access for employees who leave or are terminated.
Recently, we had a client who asked for the recommended procedure for terminating users in AX 2020, above and behind disabling their login.
We thought to terminate any active employment records they have in HR, but they were after a more comprehensive solution.
Disabling Users in 亿博电竞 AX: What steps should you follow?
If you find yourself in this situation, you can follow these best practices:
- Disable them in AX – don’t delete them in AX. Re-adding them back in AX may cause them to have a new user ID in AX – the new ID will break the link between users’ related records that are tied/connected by the user ID
- Disable them in AD – don’t delete them in AD. If you delete them in AD and for some reason, you need to add them back into AD, they will get a new GUID in AD. This GUID is stored in AX database, and user info table. Re-adding them back in AD will cause the stored GUID to be out of synch
- If the company’s policy is to delete the user’s record from AD, make sure the user is removed from AX first. Otherwise, AX will throw an error if you try doing anything with the user’s record in AX (invalid user error message since AX can’t find that user in AD)
- Make sure the user is not the owner of any batch jobs. AX checks to see if the owner of a batch job is a valid user in AX …(it also checks against the AD)
- If the user is a user in a Workflow – update the workflow with a valid user otherwise your workflow process will stop due to an invalid user
If you are ever stuck on this, you can contact us and our team of experts that is eager to help you with this solution or answer any other questions you might have.