AX 2012 introduced additional options for posting to the general ledger for those concerned about performance or having full transaction detail in the General Ledger. In previous versions of AX, all entries from subsidiary ledgers posted immediately to the general ledger in detail. In AX 2012, posting rules are defined in each company’s ledger, and can be defined separately for different document types.
- Synchronous – Subsidiary transactions post to the General Ledger in detail at the time the source document is posted to the sub-ledger. Summarization of transactions is not available. Synchronous posting is how posting was handled in previous releases of AX.
- Scheduled Batch – Subsidiary transactions are sent to a general ledger batch at the time they are posted to the sub-ledger, and post to the general ledger periodically. Subsidiary transactions can be posted to the General Ledger in detail or in summary.
- Asynchronous – Subsidiary transactions are posted to the sub-ledger immediately and are posted to the general ledger whenever server resources are available to process them, which may be immediately or at a later time. Transactions can be posted in detail or in summary.
These posting rules are called Batch Transfer Rules , and are defined in the General ledger parameters, on the Batch transfer rules vertical tab.
Documents for which posting rules can be defined are:
- Advanced ledger entry source document
- Bank statement
- Free text invoice
- Advance report
- Earnings statement header
- Pay Statement
- Product receipt
- Purchase order
- Purchase commitment
- Purchase complementary invoice
- Purchase requisition
- Sales complementary invoice
- Expense report
- Project intercompany cost
- Project timesheet
- Vendor invoice
Batch transfer rule settings are an important consideration while planning your payroll implementation. Companies for whom posting summarized payroll entries is a priority must choose to post their pay statements to the general ledger either asynchronously or as part of a scheduled batch.
For more information regarding payroll implementation planning batch transfer rules, please contact 亿博电竞 or your partner of record.